Bigger is better

Most One of you may remember my post on Scary Blank Walls and how to beat them into submission. The first thing you see upon entering my house is the wall behind the living room couch. Which was known as the giant beige wall. It's still beige (guh), but I had since Mcgyver'ed a solution using Malma frames and spray paint to temporarily fill it up. This is what I came up with:


Now, after this past weekend, you see this:



I had come to realize that a large space like that really needs something...larger. Simple logic really. I picked up 8 Ribba frames from our friends over at Ikea, and there they sat in their plastic in the corner for two months. Two Reasons - 1) I didn't know what to put in the frames (that wouldn't cost squillions of dollars) and 2) Ribba frames are notoriously horrible to frame and I couldn't face it.

I ended up just downloading and printing out some vintage botanical printables from The Graphics Fairy. They added the colour that the wall was really asking for.

As for hanging the Ribba frames, I learned of the old "screw in a paintstick" method from Kelly over at View along the way. Basically you stick a screw through a paint stick (just a little, not all the way), hang the Ribba frame on the screw, position, and then press lightly on the screw to make a little mark where you'll eventually hammer your nail in.

GENIUS.

It turned what Ikea intended to be an afternoon of screaming, crying, and ultimately divorce into a pleasant little home improvement activity lasting no more than half an hour.


Oh and say hi to my new little friend, Piggy (aka breakable toddler bait). He can fly!






2 comments:

  1. Wow, your living room is gorgeous! I LOVE those botanicals. They are *perfection.* And I'm SO glad the paint stick method worked for you. I would've probably turned to violence if we hadn't figured out a better method. :) Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your paint stick method is seriously genius - easy peasy!! I love your blog:)

      Delete

Popular Posts